Friday 5 September 2014

My acting skills and things I can develop

I find taking directions very easy and I think that it is something I am very good at. I am quite good at learning lines as well, I can normally learn a monologue in under a day. I think I'm better at comedy more then serious acting, but I'm not sure as I've mainly only done comedy parts. I really like developing characters and I think I'm quite good at it as I've done a lot in the past. I like to embody the characters emotions and bring them to life with actions or facial expressions on stage. I like doing acting where you cannot talk but only use actions, Ive done it only once in the past, but I found very enjoyable and I liked how you can show a lot about a character and not use words, I believe that is one of my strong points.

My not so strong points are definitely accents! I always get them mixed up or just sound really silly!!! I don't think I'm very good at playing characters who are really sad, I find it hard to cry on queue in front of people, but i never have really performed parts like that before. I like doing improvisation but I think i need to develop my skills, I need to try to think quicker on my feet and come up with a wide range of ideas and characters. 

No comments:

Post a Comment